Sunday 13 January 2013

Shit Face: Maybelline Master Smoky Eye Pencil Review


Right,things that are smooth and moist in a good way:

  • Nutella, 
  • The application of wax, 
  • A big glob of Vaseline... 
When I picked up Maybelline's new smokey eye pencil from Boots (£5.99), I was hoping it would follow suit.











Just look how good the advert is! Mmm, I want to lick it. 


(Pictures from Maybelline)

But Maybelline, you let me down. The pencil was too hard, too dry and felt chalky, almost ... crusty which isn't something I particularly want coming to mind in matters of the face. If you want to draw a big thick straight line, it's fine and takes about 4 seconds. Anything more advanced is where I ran into problems. (It's worth noting here that I am exceptionally lazy in almost all walks of life, so if anyone has had more success please do share your experience.)

The main problem for me was the smudger. It doesn't smudge. It just removes all your hard work as it drags along your eyelid, leaving you with several sporadic grey blobs. Like an eye infection. It just kept bloody stopping and starting. I'm sure if you put the work in you can create something pretty special, but honestly who has the time? This is the cosmetic equivalent of virginal sex and now that I'm getting on a bit I prefer to be working with a partner who can bring their best moves in under a minute...

1 comment:

  1. haha this post made me chuckle! Crusty eyeliner isn't my cup of tea either hehe! Thanks for sending ur link on Bbloggers tonight! x

    ReplyDelete